While clearing out my drawers here at work I came across my New Years Resolutions List. I thought this would be an excellent time to revisit it & see if I have gotten ANYWHERE on them....
1. Save Southern Africa from HIV/AIDS - Not achieved by June
2. Be more loving. No more fighting with with friends. - No. I have failed miserably. Shit. Last night my flatmate stormed out on me & in to her room & I haven't seen her since. Gulp. All I did was tell her to stop playing such a martyr. sigh. Initiate damage control this morning.
3. Lose 5 kilos - Best you all just tell me that you think that this has been achieved, truth be damned!
4. Curb Road Rage - In Jo'burg terms, yes. In Cape terms, No.
5. Delete FORWARDed emails - No, I am still a sucker & read all those arb jokes that take forever to download
6. Keep up to date on emails - Ja, what else has the last month been for;
7. No dodgy dates - ACHIEVED (so far);
8. No dodgy men - debatable;
9. More home cooking - I don't have a stove or an oven, but I do have tins of soup and one hot plate and one pan, so perhaps!
10. Budget better - car guards do not deserve my salary - failing on this one. I don't think I have ever been so broke!
11. Improve wardrobe - linked to #9 - Yes, slowly getting to damn hot stylish, but it is not helping #10
12. Two Thousand and Sex - hee hee hee
13. Learn Zulu - Failed
14. Be fluent in Portuguese - Miserable failure. I even got shouted @ by every person in the Maputo airport the last time i departed, because I could not remember Good Afternoon & kept saying "Bon Dia" too late in the day
15. .....or French - Plans are well established to achieve this, now if that damn frenchie would just not keep postponing trips back to SA
16. Spend less on my cellphone (Although this is in opposition to #2) - *gulp* Failing
17. Improve gym wear to look as stylish as other chickies on neighbouring treadmills - after realising it is about R200 for one nice gym shirt I decided to ignore this resolution. Just deal with my trackies etc that were once for kids between 12-15yrs
18. Tone Arms, Stomach, etc. - Well, perhaps #12 has been of great help in this one ;)
19. No more unnecessary hugging - I have started to re-love EVERYONE, so now it is no longer unnecessary
20. More singing in the car to myself - I love trying to suceed at this one, it makes me laugh my head off early in the mornings! Succeeded.
Now bring on the two week holiday, new job....and some sweet emailing to my flatmate that I think she's wonderful. Now that I have a real job, I will be interested to see how my blogging holds up.