In the spirit of procrastination, I am taking a non-tag by Benny and running with it -
8 things I’m looking forward to:
1. Leaving this godforsaken “task” & position that has hurt my stress-free nature & living & self, and my sense of goodwill, for the past 2 years.
2. Exploring Melbourne, and exploring its coffee!!
3. Seeing a brother get married and meeting my new in-lawed Malay family.
4. Visiting My Guy in Spain or Tuscany while he is “field working” in the next year or so.
5. Getting an email from an Aussie Aid Agency saying, “You got the job!”
6. The Ozzie braai on Friday afternoon. My liver is already sobbing in the corner for mercy. And the brain has already started to gently thud in anticipation of Saturday morning.
7. Getting the “Congrats! You have your Honours” certificate from UNISA. Finally.
8 things I did yesterday:
1. Improved my mood within seconds once My Guy called to say our visas have been granted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Shouted about how government officials love to waste one’s project money – R10 000 for a 2-day conference that does not even involve accomodation. Not a fuck of a chance am I paying for that!
3. Locked up the office – as usual.
4. Called to see when I can meet my week-old new cousin (today. 11am).
5. Paid a lot of money for 6-packs of bottled water (& a bottle of wine) and Filled a toilet with pool water so it could flush, all thanks to a water-outage.
6. Had sex. Twice.
7. Didn’t phone to find out from the panel beaters about how my car is healing up.
8. Listened to a lot of “Deathcab for cutie” while cleaning, consolidating, and reporting on data.
8 things I wish I could do:
1. Tell the bane of my life what I really think of him and what I really think he should be doing with himself.
2. Take up evening drawing classes & Do yoga every second day.
3. Pay for the travel.
4. Be handed a Class-A job that will make me love life and people and grow into someone professionally brilliant.
5. Visit Namibia, Zambia, Mozam (again), Botswana, that funny Pass, Cape Town, all my SA-based mates before we leave in 8 weeks.
6. Not suffer from a hangover after Friday’s Long Island Braai.
7. Meet a Somali pirate or two (got off the cruise ship too early it seems!). They fascinate me.
8. Write something that makes me famous. In a good way.
[9. Finish pealing the office window.]
8 shows I watch on TV:
2. Top Billing
3. 7pm News
4. BBC Knowledge Channel
6. Music videos for the tongue-hanging-out drooling-slightly ultimate zone-out
7. SA vs Ozzie vs IPL Cricket
8 famous-ish Quotes that guide me:
1. I used to want to change the world. Now I just want to leave the room with a little dignity.
2. You don’t have to see the whole staircase. You just have to take the first step.
3. Are we human. OR ARE WE DANCERS!!!
4. Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer sex raises some pretty good questions.
5. Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.
6. To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.
7. Civilization had too many rules for me, so I did my best to rewrite them.
8. I've always considered writing the most hateful kind of work. I suspect it's a bit like fucking — which is fun only for amateurs. Old whores don't do much giggling. Nothing is fun when you have to do it — over and over, again and again — or else you'll be evicted, and that gets old.
Gotta love Woody Allen, Hunter S. Thompson, Oscar Wilde, Bill Cosby, Martin King Jnr, when the Killers are inspired by Hunter S. Thompson, and that drag queen from the kick-ass (or is that lick-ass - ewwwwww) movie “Shortbus”!!
Now. Back to the grindstone. This slave has been too lucky to dare have time to think (let alone TYPE) during this 12 hours.