Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Simple Solutions

Weather's uninspiring.
First cheesy book is already finished. That's the problems with cheesy flippant novels.
I am LOVING Entourage. Almost through Season 2. More more more!
And I am abusing some mates' minds on possible grassroots educational support, which will rely heavily on the assistance of visitors to and via this blog. Insight soon.

So in the meantime, I read & was fascinated by this paragraph. (As well as the entire article. Recommended read).

The global availability of corrective eyeglasses:

The "inability to see properly costs the world an estimated $3 trillion/year in lost education opportunity, low worker productivity, accidents and deaths. Correction of eyeglass-correctible vision problems requires no new technology, no high-end medical personnel, and in most cases can be achieved with very little cost".
Laurie Garrett

On World Health Care, Spend Smarter
Washington Post 02/07/2007
Washington Post’s Think Tank Town

Sometimes the solutions seem so simple. I wonder.

8 comments:

Phlippy said...

Entourage? Never heard of it. Let me know if you want me to bring it back from the States - if it is possible :-)

Champagne Heathen said...

Phlips - that cause my sources are so far ahead! You'll love it when it does finally hit these shores.
Not to worry about bringing that back. I have faith in my connections. Just bring me back a few frenchies!

Revolving Credit said...

Entourage screens Monday night s on channel 10 - Go TV, I think.

As for the eyeglases, for all those people out there who are blind drunk, do you think that eyeglasses will help??

Champagne Heathen said...

Monday nights you say? Why is all the decent TV on Monday nights though?? Do they not realise that all this will do is turn us to reading!

Man, I could be blind drunk right now. I'll head to the closest pub (conventiently just across the office fence - location location location!) and test out your theory. Maybe bring a spare pair of glasses for me for when I fall off my stool & break the first.

ChewTheCud said...

So are you saying beer goggles are free?

Triggermap said...

Hi hi - I am told that deliberately blinking every now and then, especially when using a PC, can ensure you wont need glasses later on. Random fact over, glad to see you still going strong on your blog :)

That guy you know said...

hey guy just finished season 3 of that Enoturage. jhonny drama is still a punk. like the blog though. check out http://beerfinished.blogspot.com thats where I'm at

Enourage is crazy!!!

Champagne Heathen said...

Triggers - thanks for the help. I will *blink* be *blink* sure to *blink* keep it in *blink* mind.

Keep enjoying your travels!!

Hey Guy!! Loving your blog too! I am half way through Season 3. And still LOVING It!!! Think I had the theme tune going through my head all of last night though. Grrrr.