Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Electrical Prioritising

Just a thought, about today's protests.

Don't even get me started of the stupidity I see in protesting to no one in particular against rising GLOBAL food & fuel prices...

A reality check to us whingers being that a middle-income American friend of mine, & her hubby, just moved back in to her parents' home in California, cause buying houses there right now is almost down right impossible for starting-up couples.

...

But that the urban workers are busy bringing Jo'burg CBD to a day's standstill (Always great for an economy & investor confidence!) to protest against rising electricity costs.

All while I have a mate from the greater Polokwane (Pietersburg) area who has yet to be given electricity in her hometown/village. Despite years of political promises.

How I love the enigma of prioritising.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been listening to 702 talk radio....

and have had the same thoughts as you....

they couldn't have picked a more pointless thing to protest!

Anonymous said...

I agree! A stay away is one heck of a way to improve the economy!

Anonymous said...

Oi...and now Cosato are complaining to government about Trevor Manuel??? I can only shake my head. Again. But I suppose I'm not on the bread line. So my priorities seem different.

Champagne Heathen said...

Expensive - pointless AND costly!

OrdinaryLife - The thing is, there are valid issues in our country right now where people could get a good march in! Why'd they choose the pointless options!

Dolce - Are folk like us allowed to join workers' unions.