Wednesday, July 01, 2009

The excitement of an aussie on the phone

Rolling about in a flu-induced sweat, I hear the phone ring, and successfully ignore "WITH HELD". Never have I been happier - well, at least in the past few months - as when I listened to the voice mail an hour later when I finally decided to do an unemployed wake-up-and-assess-the-day.

An Aussie accent!! On my phone!!

A few days later, I had a job interview, via lovely teleconference, with folk in Melbourne. I don't know how it went. Kak, probably. Felt like it. But, maaaaaaan, do I hate The Job Interview. Never trust them.

It did get off to a great start, with them calling me an hour later than I was ready for - gotta love time zones & SOME places having day lights savings. 8am Monday mornings are never good, but when one sits staring at the phone, feeling like some Aussie played a practical joke on you & is laughing at you sitting waiting for a fake job interview... well, that will seriously just ruin your mood!

If you thought that I've been quiet on this blog now... wait till, well, July. Tomorrow I am UP and OUTTA here...for 10 days... to the SUNNY! HOT! TROPICAL! Malaysia!!!

YEAYEAHE&!@^%!&*@GKJHBDUIYD(*OSHNAIL!^&@T&!^F@!!!!!!!!

See you on the other side of beaches & sun & tans & Malaysian rice wine at weddings!! :)

2 comments:

ICT said...

Study your resume carefully so that you'll be able to backup your claims to your various skills and abilities. Be logical in answering questions and apply common sense.

Louisa said...

I'm more jealous about the HOT than the Malaysia part (even though that is pretty damn awesome too). Hope you have a great time - please take loads of photos so that I can justify my green.